Best Portable RV Refrigerators
Buying the best portable RV refrigerator is an important decision for your RV that you should make after doing enough research and analysis. Usually, a significant amount of space is required for an RV portable refrigerator. And it uses a large amount of electricity from your RV. So, for your RV, you should choose portable fridges that are well insulated and built. Also, choose a refrigerator that can handle the rugged conditions of living in an RV.
Best Portable RV Refrigerators
In this article, we handpicked the best portable RV refrigerators for your RV, so you can choose the one that works best for you.
After conducting 10 hours of research on 20 portable RV refrigerators, we were able to identify the top 6 best portable RV refrigerators.
Here are our top recommendations for the best portable RV refrigerators on the market right now.
- Most Portable 12V Refrigerator: ARB 50Qt
- Most Reliable Portable RV Refrigerator: Engel MR040F
- Most Convenient Refrigerator: Bodega 12 Volt RV Refrigerator
- Best Travel Refrigerator: Alpicool CX50 Portable Refrigerator
- Most Spacious Portable RV Refrigerator: Whynter FM-85G Portable Refrigerator
- Most Affordable RV Portable Refrigerator: F40C4TMP 12 Volt Refrigerator
Now let’s discuss the above-mentioned products in detail.
1. ARB 50Qt: Most Portable 12V Refrigerator
This durable ARB portable RV refrigerator is available in a 50 quart capacity and a 37 quart capacity. The product dimensions for the 50 quart fridge are 22.05"D x 30.31"W x 16.93"H. The product dimensions for the 37 quart fridge are 30.31"D x 18.9"W x 16.93".
ARB 50QT is one of the most durable and strong RV refrigerators. This fridge is safe to use even if it is tilted up to 30 degrees. Also, this fridge works perfectly in all kinds of weather. Because RV life is so spontaneous, this fridge is very easy to move around.
This fridge is different from the rest because of how well it is made. The steel handles don’t bend as much as they used to, and the handles are very close to the unit. You can tie the fridge to the floor with the steel handles. Or, you can put this refrigerator on top of the custom slider. The fact that this fridge’s top comes off gives you an extra benefit: you can take it off when you’re putting things in it or cleaning it.
One of the best things about the ARB fridge is that its digital controls won’t move or change while you’re on the road.
Here are the unique features of this RV refrigerator that we like.
- Safe to use even when it is tilted up to 30 degrees.
- This fridge was designed especially for the RVer’s Overlanding community.
- The build quality and robustness of this refrigerator are excellent.
- Extremely easy to use and durable.
2. Engel MR040F: Most Reliable Portable RV Refrigerator
This reliable Engel RV Portable Fridge has a capacity of 40 quarts and its dimensions are 15.5"D x 25"W x 18.5"H.
This Engel portable refrigerator is the most reliable because of how the compressor works. This fridge is called the “Reliability Legend” and is mostly used in RVs. Sawafuji Swing Motor is the only part of this fridge that moves.
Because this fridge has fewer moving parts, they are less likely to break. The compressor in this fridge, on the other hand, is the best. Four different models of 12V refrigerators are made by Engel. And every model is available to customers.
The unique features of this best 12-volt portable refrigerator are the following:
- This fridge is the “Legend in Reliability.”
- Extremely Durable
- The compression of Engel MR040F was designed in a most efficient way
3. Bodega 12 Volt RV Refrigerator
This convenient RV refrigerator and freezer has a capacity of 45 quarts and its dimensions are 18.86 x 14.96 x 21.1 inches.
The Bodega 12 Volt RV refrigerator is one of the best choices for your RV, providing you with a pleasant experience and total convenience for your RV. You will like its design of it. The digital display shows the accurate temperature whenever you need it. It has dual-zone refrigeration and freezer control. It also comes with a handy app to control the refrigerator remotely.
The use of this refrigerator is effortless. You will easily be able to navigate around the fridge due to its ergonomic design.
This refrigerator doesn’t take much space; thus, even if you place it in your RV, you will be able to move comfortably inside RV. Moreover, this refrigerator is not too heavy. Thus, it will not take up a lot of space in your RV. The unique features of this RV portable refrigerator are the following:
- Durable, lightweight, eye-catching, elegant design.
- Easy to clean.
- Energy-efficient and ergonomic qualities make it unique.
- The digital display of this refrigerator tells the RVers its real-time diagnostics.
- Dual-zone Refrigeration and Freezer control that can be remotely controlled through an App.
4. Alpicool CX50 Portable Refrigerator
It is one of the best refrigerators for traveling, especially for RVs. RVers like this fridge more because it has a huge amount of space. It can hold up to 50 liters or 53 quarts, so you can easily put 52 cans of soda in it.
When shopping for a portable fridge, you should look for one with a lot of space. The increasing power will ensure you can place many things in it. This portable RV refrigerator is also easy to transport. This fridge is easy to move from your house to your RV because it has built-in wheels for easy transport.
This portable fridge is perfect if you want to use it at home or in a recreational vehicle. This product comes with two power cables, and you can use each one on its own. But you can use this fridge to get service off the grid or with solar power, whichever works best for you.
You can take this fridge with you on the road in your RV. And you’ll be happy with how well it works. But here are some things that make it stand out:
- Large capacity.
- Built-in wheels for easy transport.
- No ice will form inside the fridge.
- Quick chilling.
- Portable for either RV use or home.
5. Whynter FM-85G 85 Quart Portable Refrigerator and Freezer
This spacious portable RV fridge and freezer has a capacity of 85 quarts and its dimensions are 18.25 x 28.1 x 23.5 inches.
The tremendous capacity of this Whynter portable refrigerator is one of the main reasons why it is popular with RV owners and other users. You will be able to store huge amounts of food, soda, and other drinks in it, and it won’t run out of space. This fridge has enough space for its users because it holds 85 quarts.
This portable freezer and refrigerator will work well because it has a high-quality functional design. This product works well in an RV, at a campsite, at home, and in many other places. This RV fridge is highly portable, so you can take it wherever you want.
This fridge is also notable because it has enough power. It also comes with a long enough cord. For AC, the length of the power cord is 8 feet, and for DC, it is 6 feet. This item also comes with wire baskets, which make it easier to use. These are the things that this fridge has:
- Easy to use in 12V power source RV and a 110V outlet.
- 85 quarts of capacity.
- The LCD display is easy to read.
- Efficiently keep the drinks and camping food frozen or cool.
- Portable and easy to take anywhere.
6. F40C4TMP 12 Volt Refrigerator, 37 Quart (35L) Portable Freezer With Wheels
This affordable and portable RV refrigerator and freezer has a capacity of 37 quarts and its dimensions are 14.9"D x 27.4"W x 16.7"H.
While looking for a high-quality portable refrigerator and freezer for your RV, you should check out the F40C4TMP refrigerator and freezer. Its convenient features will surely attract you.
The heavy-duty compressor of this portable fridge keeps the foods and beverages cool and ensures maximum cooling capacity. It has a large 37 quart capacity and wheels for easy transport.
This portable refrigerator and freezer is a great deal because it cools well and is easy on the wallet. The noteworthy features of this product are the following:
- With minimal power drain, this product offers the highest cooling efficiency because of its quality and high-quality German compressor.
- Ideal to use either in the RV or at home.
- This portable RV fridge comes with a 2-year warranty.
- The wheels on this fridge make transportation easy.
Final Thoughts on Finding the Best Portable RV Refrigerator
So, based on our research, the portable RV refrigerators mentioned above are the best ones we found. There are different models of the best 12-volt portable refrigerator for RVs on the market. So choose the RV portable refrigerator with the most advanced and energy-efficient technology. We hope that you are able to choose the best fridge for your RV after looking at all of our top picks.
What are Your Thoughts on the Best Portable RV Refrigerators?
Drop a comment below and let us know your thoughts on what you look for when buying an RV Refrigerator and if you’ve learned anything from your search for the perfect RV refrigerator.
- RV shore power cord – what is it and how does it work? - January 31, 2023
- Best way to lock a surge protector from getting stolen from your RV - January 31, 2023
- How does a 12V refrigerator work? - January 12, 2023