Top 5 RV Awning Shades for everyone’s budget
RV Awning shades provide much needed shelter, whether you’re caught in a snowstorm or just trying to get away from the sun.
Not to mention the privacy part, where you could do whatever you want and not worry about who might peek through the windows of your RV.
Why do you need RV Awning Shades?
- Protection against the sun – It provides much needed shade from the sun’s harmful UV rays, helping prevent sunburn and damage to your skin.
- Privacy – Nobody can come any time and peek through your windows if you have an awning shade. Also, it transforms the land in front of your RV into an outdoor living space.
- Comfort – A good awning shade keeps your RV cool on hot days, reducing the temperature of your living area.
In the winter, it will protect your RV from snow, rain, and wind. It also keeps your pipes from freezing and improves the insulation of your RV.
Types of RV Awning Shades
These are the most popular types of awning shades:
- Manual awning shades – The most budget friendly option; requires manual effort to open and close.
- Motorized awning shades – Easiest to use, open and close shades with the touch of a button.
- Retractable awning shades – The best option versatility-wise, you can extend them if you need additional shade or retract them if you want more openness.
How to choose the right size of RV Awning shade?
There are 2 methods:
Method A: All RV awnings have a standard measurement of center of Arm to center of Arm. Measure your existing awning from the center of the Arm to the center of the Arm. For example, a 9’x19’3” shade has a finished fabric measurement of 9′ drop by 19’3” length and it fits a 20′ RV awning.
Method B: Measure your awning fabric length and choose the same length as the RV shade. For example, if you measured your awning fabric as 19’3”, then choose a 9’X19’3” shade.
Top 5 RV Awning Shades
Used as a front RV awning shade, Tentproinc RV Awning Sun Shade blocks 86% of harmful UV rays due to premium high-density UV-resistant mesh. Spend time comfortably in front of your RV, even when it’s hot outside.
- Provides an open view, which is great for larger gatherings.
- Made out of premium high-density UV-resistant mesh, it protects you and your RV from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Lowers the temperature and efficiently reduces the force of cross-wind.
- Easy to install and dismount.
- Carry it with you in a storage bag.
Carefree is the only full-line awning RV manufacturer in the world. This model protects you from the morning or afternoon sun, but it doesn’t block your view. With weather resistant open-weave fabric cuts, you’ll get enough light in every situation. The best thing about this awning shade is the Zip blockers; installation has never been so easy!
- Perfectly shades the area around your RV due to zip blockers.
- Open weave fabric cuts about 85% of the sun’s light, keeping you cool and comfortable.
- Easy installation without additional equipment.
- Fabric is made out of 100% polyester with a durable vinyl coating. Made to sustain all kinds of outdoor weather.
Crafted using only the highest quality materials, this awning screen promises durability and easy installation. Made for 12V RV awnings, Vista Shade provides cooling shade with an air of privacy. Easy to install, just slide the insert into the awning roller and zip the body into the insert. UV resistant fabric offers protection against 85% of sunlight for cool and comfortable shade.
- Easy installation, without the need for a ladder.
- Offers protection against the wind and the sun, with a durable Solar Mesh Screen.
- The sunscreen kit includes grommets, ground stakes, and a storage bag.
- Designed to fit most vertical style awnings. The zipper fits perfectly to most existing electrical awnings.
- Open-weave fabric cuts 87% of the sun’s light, providing shade from harmful UV rays.
Made out of premium high-density, UV and flame resistant mesh fabric, the Leaveshade awning screen blocks about 86% of the sun’s light and protects your skin and your eyes from harmful UV rays. It reduces wind and temperature by 15-25 degrees Fahrenheit. Enjoy your time outside, even on hot summer days, due to premium materials that offer shade and privacy.
- Blocks about 86% of the sun’s light and protect your eyes and skin. Mesh fabric shade offers privacy and at the same time a clear view of your surroundings.
- Easy installation with all accessories included.
- Premium materials are used with a 3-year guarantee.
- Reduces wind and outside temperature, which is especially great during the hot summer days.
Made out of premium mesh fabric, the Shadeidea RV awning Sun Shade Screen offers protection from the sun’s harmful UV rays while providing you with an open view experience! With only 5 minutes to install, it is a simple yet elegant solution for your summer holidays. Choose between different shade sizes, with a 3-year warranty provided.
- Blocks about 86% of the sun’s light, cooling the temperature of your living area.
- One of the easiest Awning screens to install. It takes only 5 minutes!
- Made out of premium and durable materials such as polyester mesh fabric, it offers strength and resiliency even in the toughest of climates.
- Comes with an Oxford storage bag with a premium zipper lock and all the accessories.
Why do You need to Use an RV Roof Shade and an RV Awning Shade Screen?
Exposure to harsh weather can cause earlier deterioration of your RV. With a good shade or awning shade screen, you’ll keep your interior cool on hot summer days, thus protecting yourself and your RV from scorching sunlight. However, the list does not stop there.
There are plenty of benefits to using RV roof shades or awning shade screens, and in our previous article, we’ve listed them all. If you’re interested, find out Why You Need to Use RV Roof Shade and RV Awning Shade screens in your RV.
With a little bit of research, we have no doubt you’ll find the perfect RV Awning Shade for yourself. The market is full of good products, but you’ll want only the best. That’s why we’ve reviewed the Top 5 RV Awning Shades for everyone’s budget; with these awning shades, you’ll enjoy many summers (and winters) outside. Happy camping!